Erica's Quick StatsName:
Youngest of 4 Children
2015 A race:
Goals for 2015:
- Significant improvements on my overall Sprint times (especially cycling and running)
- My first (and second- and maybe third) Olympic distance triathlon!
- A 12-month engineering internship with a medical device company in the US.
- Joe’s Team Sprint Triathlon July 2014 - My first ever triathlon and I had a blast!
My Garmin Forerunner 910xt (but not the syncing issues it often has with my computer). I like using quantitative data to track progress!
The one piece of gear I don’t have that I really want is:
A fancy tri bike. Or at least one with aero bars!
Favourite “healthy” food:
Anything my mother cooks =D
Favourite “unhealthy” food:
Slightly undercooked Subway M&M cookies. (Also pretty much any baked good and/or chocolatey thing)
To reward myself after a race I like to:
Take the rest of the day off 😉
My race day routine:
- Breakfast (varies between oatmeal with maple syrup and cinnamon or whole grain toast with peanut butter and honey)
- Get the legs moving with a lap or 2 around the circular driveway at the cottage.
- Triple-check my packing list.
- Pack my official photographer (my Dad).
- Arrive unnecessarily early to set up & get a good bike spot!
- Scope out the transition zone entrances & exits.
- Go to the bathroom at least 5 times.
- Squeeze into the wetsuit & warm up in the water!
I’ve been a water baby since before I can remember, I was already swimming, cycling, and running recreationally and I needed a fresh challenge.
I was a competitive dancer from grade 1-12, and was also a part of my high school swim and track & field teams.
Favourite place to train:
OUTSIDE. At the cottage (near Parry Sound, ON)
When not training I like to…
Read trashy novels, spend time with my family, cook/bake, and play with the puppies!
What motivates me to train:
It gives me a worthwhile reason to get out of bed in the morning, lets me eat more, it is satisfying, and is one of my favourite ways to make new friends!
What I love about triathlon/duathlon/running:
People think we’re crazy. They’re not wrong…
What I’d like to accomplish in triathlon over the next 5 years:
I would like to do ~2 years of Olympic distance races in faster times than I ever dreamed possible, before moving onto a Half Ironman. Looks like Roger and I have a lot of work to do!
Person I look up to and admire the most in the sport is:
Linsey Corbin, because she never gives up!
Favourite Chuck Norris fact:
"A few guys tried to follow Chuck Norris during a light workout while he was vacationing in Hawaii. It’s now called the Ironman Triathlon”
Morning person or night owl?
Morning for sure! I am usually mentally ready for bed by the time it gets dark outside in the evening.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Favourite TV show:
What type of music I listen to when training:
Anything upbeat or with feel good lyrics!