Ignition Fitness Performance Coaching and Training is a Toronto, Canada based triathlon, duathlon and running coaching company with athletes across North America. After a successful launch in April 2012, Ignition Fitness has coached athletes to age group wins, overall victories, numerous podium finishes, and personal best times in events ranging from sprint distance triathlons to the Boston Marathon. Ignition Fitness is hoping to add to its coaching roster and may have an opportunity for the right coaching candidate(s) that can help build upon the success we’ve already had, keep the momentum going, and take the company to new heights! All of our athletes are coached online, so qualified individuals from all regions are encouraged to apply.
– Must be a qualified coach with certification and/or training credentials from NCCP, USA Triathlon, or similar national governing triathlon organization or recognized institutions
– Must be familiar with Training Peaks coaching software
– Proven track record of building successful, results-producing training programs for triathletes, duathletes and runners
– Ability to determine power and/or heart rate training zones and apply those numbers appropriately to a structured training plan
– Proven track record of managing several athletes at once
– Strong attention to detail when creating training plans
– Ability to create detailed annual training plans
– Must have a good reputation and connection to your local endurance sports community
– Minimum 3 years of competitive triathlon, running and/or cycling participation
– At least one year of triathlon and running coaching preferred
– An understanding of the structure and dynamics of a successful coaching program, including periodization, developing weaknesses, recovery, etc
– Must be able to adapt coaching style to suit the needs of individual athletes
– Must not adhere to any “cookie cutter” coaching style and treat each athlete individually
– Must be knowledgeable with all things triathlon and running and have a passion for the sport
– Must be familiar with Ignition Fitness’ coaching packages and must be prepared to coach athletes following those guidelines
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Must be friendly, outgoing and easy to get along with, and a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt either!
Although not necessary to apply for the position(s), our ideal candidate(s) will also possess the following:
– Familiarity with training and racing with a power meter, as well as in-depth knowledge of interpreting and analyzing power data files and using that data to tweak and adjust training programs accordingly
– Knowledge of race day nutritional strategies and healthy eating strategies for athletes
– Familiarity with TRX Suspension Trainer
– Additional fitness-related education or certifications
– Proven track record of building core and/or functional strength training programs for triathletes, duathletes and runners to complement and benefit their coaching programs
The successful applicant(s) will be highly motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision and effectively communicating and working closely with Tommy Ferris, head coach of Ignition Fitness. All those qualified are encouraged to apply. If you are currently coaching athletes that’s ok too! To be considered for the position you must be able to provide references from current or former athletes if requested (references ARE NOT part of the initial application process). Compensation will be on a per-athlete basis. Successful candidate(s) must be committed to helping Ignition Fitness grow by helping to promote the company, actively recruiting new clients, encouraging and developing athletes, identifying and potentially pursuing any new team sponsorship opportunities, and otherwise advancing the growth of the company. They also have to be passionate about their coaching!
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with COACH APPLICATION as the subject. The first part of the application process is fairly informal, so please tell us about yourself, your coaching experience, and why you would be an amazing addition to our coaching roster! This position will start late 2013 and has the potential to carry on indefinitely. Application deadline is September 30th, 2013. Best of luck to those that apply!